Saturday, December 19, 2009

Go, Cardinal!

Merry Christmas Week everyone!

I have been in Mountain View for the past week (already?!), waiting to see where I needed to be and when.  I needed to stay just in case I started orientation last week or the beginning of this week.  I was offered another travel position at Stanford ( !!!! ) to work on their surgical ambulatory care unit and ambulatory transfusion and infusion center!  I'm very excited for several reasons:  1.  I love this area and still have so many things left to see/do.  2.  I love the girls I met my first week at Stanford in October and we are having so much fun getting to see and do things together.  3.  I love working at Stanford.  4.  I love the area (did I already mention that?)!  It worked out so well!  I was taking a gamble by not accepting a poorly paying job in LA (have absolutely no desire to go there) Wednesday night, said I would "think about it," while I waited to hear back on the Stanford job.  I got a call from Stanford Thursday, did a phone interview and was offered the job at the end of the interview.  I was later told by my recruiter that the LA job was already taken since I didn't take it the night before!  I was thrilled on so many levels!  All of us have been extended through the spring (except Minnesota, who is working at Yale).

That's the latest! I start the 11th of January, maybe sooner if they can work out the logistics before then so I can get hours.

The Texas Tech (men's) basketball team plays Stanford this year . . . In Lubbock. : (

I hope everybody has a fun Christmas and you're able to have some good times with friends and loved ones!

2 comments:

  1. noitced Tech won!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Lovely bog... Happy 2010!!!
    Hugz from sunny Portugal!!!
    Manu***

    ReplyDelete