Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"So, where are you now?"

I've been getting questions about what's going on now and people send me questions wondering where I am, my address, etc.  Well, more waiting and I'm homeless!  I'm currently in Mountain View, California, staying with one of my friends that I met while working at Stanford, who is also a travel nurse.  I'm just hanging out here while I wait for word on the next job, just in case I need to be somewhere this week or next for orientation.  I will probably wait through Thursday and then make plans to get back home for Christmas if I don't hear anything.  I should probably be more stressed than I am, or, maybe not.  I am not worried as of yet and am enjoying the time off and the Lord has been very provident so far, so I don't feel the need to worry too much!  I do have brief moments of "okay . . . I kinda need a job . . . " but, for the most part, I'm just enjoying getting to hang out with these girls, be in the beautiful bay, and go do fun things (which are FREE!), like hiking, driving the coast to go Christmas shopping (not free, but if you don't find anything, like myself, then it's free!).  And, we're just catching up and laughing a lot.  I don't have time to stress about not having a job!   : )  

I hope to know within the next couple of days.  There are a few possibilities on the table, but, only word on one, and I will talk more with the liaison about that one tomorrow.  We will see!  I will be staying in California and have no plans to leave until the spring, maybe later.  I'm in no hurry to leave.

This is what has been going on in the meantime:


Old Town in Sacramento--they have preserved Old West
Sacramento. Very neat!


The iconic gold vertical lift bridge
over the Sacramento River.


The jelly belly factory is in Fairfield, Ca, which is about halfway
between Sacramento and San Francisco!
It takes 7 days to make a jelly bean (you've always wondered . . . )!


Our jelly belly hats we had to wear!


Bubba Gump's on the water at Monterey!


Our hike in the East Bay at Fremont.  We will be sore tomorrow!





We were even with the houses at the beginning of the hike!


I'll let you know when I get my assignment and where I'll be.  Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I'm so glad you're having fun and able to enjoy the sights!!

    ReplyDelete