Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sacramento!

Week 3 ends and week 4 begins here at Stanford!  My other travel nurse friends and I were talking earlier tonight about how quickly this month has flown by and how sad we are it's almost over! It means Minnesota moves to Connecticut to work at YALE ( ! ) and I move to Sacramento for my next assignment.  We are so sad to see Minnesota leave, but we are also so happy she gets to go work at Yale.  What a story--from one coast to the other! We're sad to split up, but we already have plans for visits.

So, I finish my job here at Stanford the night of the 6th.  I will begin work at Sutter General in Sacramento on Thursday the 5th for the hospital-wide orientation day.  It's a 6 week assignment with a "probable extension" from what the lady at the hospital told me.  I will be working on the oncology unit there and working 5 x 8 hours a week, the evening shift, 3p to 11p.  I've never worked 8 hour shifts and think it will be bittersweet.  I will have more of a life the days I'm working instead of eat, sleep, eat, work, shower, eat, sleep, eat, work, shower, etc.  I will be able to squeeze in a workout on workdays and who knows what else!  But, I won't have as many days off or as many opportunities to take trips either back here or home. It's only a 6 week assignment and if I don't like it, 6 weeks will go pretty quickly.

Sacramento is about 2 hours NE of Mountain View (the city I'm in now) and about an hour NE of San Fran.  It won't be a big deal to head back to SF to hang out with the girls here, so that's nice.  I'm very excited to have a job so quickly, to not have a lull in paycheck, and to still be in the area!  It's great!  I'm not sure what I think of going to Sacramento, though. : ) I'm sure it will have a very different atmosphere than the young, vibrant personality here. It'll be nice to explore the area up there and probably check out Napa Valley.  I have  6 weeks to write about Sacramento, so that'll do for now!

Hope all is well where you are and you're not freezing there in LBK!  Oh, and those of you going to the Chili Cookoff . . . please eat some for me, ok? Ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment