Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bye, Bye Bay! Hello Sac!

On the way to Sacramento, I decided to spend the afternoon in San Fran, being a typical tourist, again. : )  One of my friends from home bought me a City Pass, which has tickets to various touristy type things to do.  The other day, a friend of mine and I went to the De Young Museum of Art.  Today, I decided to do the boat bay tour, the aquarium, and ride the "famous" Hyde St and Powell cable car uptown.  It has been a fun day with beautiful weather, so it's been a good way to exit the Bay area!

(you can click on these pics for better resolution and a larger view. I recommend it!)



The view from the top of the De Young Tower.



Down by the pier






I know . . . I've posted tons of Golden Gate Bridge pictures.
But, not one from this angle!




You can't really tell, but it's slowly moving down the glass . . . yeah, I know . . . I can hear my friends making fun of me now . . . : )

I start orientation on my floor in Sacramento tomorrow morning.  I am looking forward to a day schedule.  I'm looking forward to a little less humidity (for vanity's sake for my hair . . . I know . . . ).  I'm looking forward to more free time on my work days.  I'm looking forward to maybe a little less bird poo on my car  (not sure that will happen since Sacramento's the "city of trees" . . . ).  There are many things I will miss about this area, though.  I won't list them so I don't dwell. : )  I would love to come back to the Bay Area.

Ok, time to head to Sac and to make sure my car wasn't towed nor my bike stolen! Hope all is well where you are!

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on your blog, I haven't been able to read it for a few weeks. I loved the pictures and I am happy that you have been able to see so many awesome places! That is one thing I wish I could do, travel and see all of the places that interest me *one day* We look at you on the map, Luke loves maps, and I will show him where you are now. So far he knows Alaska, Bosnia, Africa, Texas, and California.

    ReplyDelete