Monday, September 28, 2009

Five Facts of Packing

1.   Space Bags are an amazing technological feat and have forever changed my life!  It took me a bit to recover from my astonishment, amazement, excitement and joy after placing the magic plastic around various items and sucking the air out of them with the vacuum and watching them shrink to 1/4 of their original size!  Somebody needs to invent something that will shrink my tv, pots, pans, etc to 1/4 of their original size too . . .




4 large pillows, 1 full quilt, 1 full blanket, 2 sets of sheets,
4 full-sized towels, 3 hand towels, 3 washcloths, 10 shirts, 4 pairs of workout shorts, 
a fleece and 1 pair of hiking pants compared to a Quilted Northern Double Roll 
(it was the closest thing I had, ok?!)!

2.  You can pack your entire kitchen into two 47 L sterilite containers.

3.  Apparently, glass breaks when it hits a tile floor or if you pack things too tightly in your 47 L sterilite kitchen boxes.

4.  I have broken 3 dishes.

5.  You do not need 5 backpacks and 3 messenger bags.  No matter what you think, no matter how many different activities you think you do which "require a different backpack or bag," you will never use them all frequently enough to justify keeping them.



Ok, my packing break is over!  I move out of my house on the 30th and will head to Sunray that evening for a few days before heading out west.  I'm not sure what I think of the impending drive.  Maybe the Grand Canyon will make it worthwhile. : )

You guys are making me so happy when I see who's reading!  Thank you for your interest and I hope you are all doing well! Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment