Friday, September 4, 2009

These Women . . .




Here in LBK, I've been blessed to work with some amazing women.  I have watched them love their patients, love one another, and love their families wholeheartedly.  These women have given so much of themselves to their work, which happens to be facing those who are facing death day in and day out.  Even if their patients "survive" whatever cancer they have been diagnosed with, these patients face the reality of their mortality, and these women walk through this difficult time with these patients and their families.  These nurses, aids and secretaries are with these patients as they learn the news of their diagnoses, comfort the patients as they cope, answer every question imaginable about the patients' diagnoses and possible impending ends of their lives, and, they are an incredible support to the families of those who are coping with cancer and/or death of their loved one.  These women face often incomprehensible suffering nearly on a daily basis.  It is hard to go back to work after losing one they've cared for for months and became dear friends with, but these women do come back, often with broken hearts, to love the rest and possibly do the same hard thing all over again. These women are blessings to those they care for and their families.  We have an award at Covenant called the "sacred heroes" award;  all of these women are truly are heroes.


Thank you, ladies, for the going away dinners!  You made my last week fun and special!  I love you and will miss you all!  Thank you for loving your patients as you do.  You are an inspiration.  Thank you for teaching me how to be a nurse as well!  : )




Gail, Lyna, Me, "Lil' Deb"


Sonia


Sam : ) (who helps our patients, and me, breathe better!)


Sharronda, Sarah, Beth, Jeanette, Rebecca (Jeanette's daughter), Bev, 
Mayra, Me, Mona, Betty B.

Those I don't have pictures of but have to give honorable mention to ( ! ):  RACHEL--this poor nurse was my mentor during my second degree program for a full year! (Bless her heart!  I'll miss you, Rachel!); OLGA--she always makes me laugh and laughs with me.  I'll miss you Olga! CHRISTINA--I'll miss her "needing supplies," her sarcastic banter, and cheerful face. : )

Thanks for the goodtimes, ladies!  You all rock and I'll miss you!

Gal 6.9:  And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment